Welcome to my website – I hope you enjoy looking at my paintings, both watercolour and acrylic.
I have lived in Cornwall for seventeen years. During that time, I have exhibited with the Truro Art Society and the Cornwall Watercolour Society. My time spent in Thailand combined with travel to other countries in Asia and different parts of the world influences my interpretation of scenes here in Cornwall.
Coastal cliffs, beaches, seas and skies are inspirational at all times of the year. Waves and surf on large canvases give me scope working in acrylics to interpret and create the power of the sea.
Watercolour painting is ideal for outdoor work, sketching and then developing the theme in my studio. In addition, I enjoy experimenting with acrylic inks and developing various effects on paper and canvas.
I have been very fortunate in having excellent teachers at the beginning of my time as an artist and continue to attend classes and workshops.
I enjoy teaching watercolour painting. In Bromley, Kent, I gained my certificate in Teaching Watercolour for Adults. It is lovely to watch how total beginners flourish and blossom with the magic of watercolour!
Painting, drawing and sketching is very fulfilling for me. Colour attracts me first of all, then shapes and atmosphere.
Both at home and abroad on my travels, I am constantly aware and open to inspiring sights. These experiences allow me to create a sketch or a painting of that moment, which is very special!
- The Neilson Hays Library (Bangkok) – 1995, 1998
- The Alliance Francaise (Bangkok) – 1996
- Amari Watergate Hotel (Bangkok) – 1997
- Peter Runge House (London) – 1999
- The Board Room, J Rothschild (Kent) – 2000
- The Chiltern Hills Art Society – 2001
- Beaconsfield Exhibition of Art, Bromley Art Society Exhibitions (London) – 2003
- Fairfield Halls, Croydon Old School Art Workshops (Yorkshire) – 2003
- Sue Clark Gallery (Kent) – 2003
- Truro Art Society (Cornwall) – 2003 to date
- Vitreous Gallery (Cornwall) – 2003
- The Trio Exhibition (Cornwall) – 2008
- Trelissick Gardens (Cornwall) – 2008 to 2011
- Colour and Coast (Cornwall) February 2012
- Joint Exhibition with Paul Hoare, Falmouth Poly (Cornwall) – September 2013